Types of Security Seals
Plastic seals are manufactured from a plastic material and are mainly used as an indicator of tampering or unauthorized entry. Mainly designed as Pull-tight seal (variable length seal), Fixed length seal or Padlock Type seal.
Metal band / Metal Clip seals - manufactured from a metal material and are generally used to provide barrier protection.
Bolt seals - offer the highest level of barrier protection and are manufactured in two metal parts that are designed to fit together via a locking mechanism.
Cable seals - consist of a steel cable which is fixed at one end into the locking mechanism of the seal body.
Re-usable Security Seals - consist of a main re-usable body which can be sealed with a single use seal.
Electronic Seals - are typically reusable. Generate a unique time, date and number each time the seal is closed and opened. Register and record all sealing and opening events.
Tamper Evident Labels - can be physically stuck to a surface and give the user the option of leaving a residue, disintegrating, and/or displaying an indication of attempted removal or tampering.
The following factors determine the choice of the appropriate seal for a particular role:
1. What type of unit (bar trolley, container, bag, vehicle, door, tote box, ATM cassette, electricity meter etc.) is to be sealed?
2. Under what ambient temperature conditions will the seals be used?
3. How long will the security seal be fixed on the sealed unit?
4. Are you looking for an easy removable seal or a barrier seal?
5. For how long will the sealed unit be left unsupervised?
6. How valuable are contents?
7. Which type of number system is required for the application (sequential or random)?
8. Must the serial number be electronically readable? Which type of barcode?
9. What are the logistical requirements? (are various colours required?)
Contact us to request for a sample today!