Elements of an Effective Security Seals Program and Areas of Responsibilty
1.Seal Manufacturers Responsibility
Producing and shipping high quality Security Seals
To guarantee physical strength and integrity of the Security seal
To ensure unique marking and numbering
Provide Tamper resistance and tamper evidence solutions
Advice customers finding proper selection of the Security seal solution to fit to specific customer needs
2. Customer and security seal user Responsibility
Inspect your seals on receipt (type, colour, marking, quantity)
Proper storage of seals
Ensure that only authorized people have access to your warehouse resp. the security seals
Document the seals given to the users
Train users on the features and the use of the seal
Train users on proper seal usage
Educate users to watch for evidence of tampering
Documents taken to show seal was properly locked and intact after applying
Check integrity and number of the security seal before cutting or breaking it
Any irregularity or damage on the security seal has to recorded (photographed)
If needed, return such seals and application pictures to the seal manufacturer for inspection.
For further support or questions please contact one of our security seal experts
3. Seal Control and Application
Store all seals securely
Implement an effective seal control and distribution system
Inspect the seal prior to application / while secured on the application / after removal
Keep records of all seals issued effectively
- The moisture content of Nylon is in equilibrium with the relative humidity of the surrounding environment.
- Relative humidity between 60% - 80% is the best condition for the seal to conform to the material specifications.
- Thus during winter, the seals should not be stored in heated areas indoors (with relative humidity between 20% – 40%) in order to preserve its properties.